- Why am I being charged as a customer?
A business pays the government the tax that it collects from customers, in a way acting as a tax collector on behalf of the government. Being a registered business we are obliged to charge VAT on goods and services to comply with GCC introduced VAT LAW.
- What VAT percentage will I be liable to pay?
VAT will be introduced across the GCC where Saudi and UAE are applying starting the 1st January 2018 at a fixed standard rate of 5%.
- Why it is applicable on online shopping website item?
Being a registered business we are obliged to charge VAT on goods and services to comply with UAE introduced VAT LAW. Yet we assure you that we are always working in to having the best competitive prices and the variety of items that always exceeds our customers’ expectations, and keeps us the best in market.
- Should VAT introduction impact all the items “electronics, Grocer, Home..?
Yes, since its fixed percentage of 5% on all services and goods supplied by the business, yet we are working on ensuring our prices remain competitive and best in market bringing our wadi loyal customers the best shopping experience.
- Do I get an invoice with all VAT details? How will it look like on my invoice?
Yes for sure, we would always provide our customers with invoices that include all paid amount, accordingly VAT amount will be included clearly on invoice.
- Will the item price change on the website, or will the VAT appear when I checkout?
Item prices on our website will include VAT percentage and this will be mentioned under item price.
- Will VAT percentage be applied on every service individually? i.e items VAT, delivery VAT, shipment VAT?
Item prices on our website will include VAT percentage and this will be mentioned under item price. For shipment and delivery, these services will not get affected by VAT.
- If I return an item do I get my full paid amount back including VAT?
Yes, we would refund full amount paid including VAT and this is starting from 2018.
- If my item was bought before VAT introduction and I wish to return it and get refunded, will I be liable for the new rate difference?
No, we will refund amount paid even if item price increased after VAT.
- If my item was bought before VAT introduction and exchanged within warranty, should I be getting an exchanged item with the old value rate or the new rate?
In case of repair failure, Exchange comes in the form of a voucher or a replacement with the new price after adding VAT.